Calcium chloride, CaCl2, is a salt of calcium and chlorine. Common applications include brine for refrigeration plants, ice and dust control on roads and desiccation. It is also used to preserve some canned foods as a salt.
Drying tubes are frequently packed with calcium chloride. Kelp is dried with calcium chloride for use producing sodium carbonate. Adding solid calcium chloride to liquids can remove dissolved water.
1. Used to make desiccant in various industries.
2. Used as a snow thawing agent for snow thawing work on roads, parking lots, and airports etc.
3. Used to prevent dust, grime and mine dust.
4. Used in oil well drilling, used as well drilling fluid, completion fluid, well cementation fluid, and workover fluid, and it is also used as dehydrate in petroleum chemical industry.
5. Used to make emulsion coagulant in rubber industry.
6. Used to make chlorating agent and additives in ferrous metallurgy industry.
7. Used to make additives in paper making industry.
8. Used to make early strengthen agent (concrete strengthening agent and coating material coagulating
agent etc) in construction industry.
9. Used as a raw chemical material, sulfate radical removal agent, and sodium alginate coagulating agent in chemical industry.
10. Used as a cooling agent in refrigerating industry, used as a media between air and fluid in refrigerating technique for air conditioning system.
11. Used to prevent putrefaction for wheat, apple, and cabbage etc; used as a foodstuff antiseptic.
12. Refined calcium chloride can be used in food industry, electronic industry, and leather industry to produce acryl resin; used in the organic chemical production processing, petroleum distilling, and also used as a mixer in ether alcohol.